Knowing the most common types of malware and how they spread will help you understand and avoid their attacks on your computer and your business.
In addition, it will also help you to decide which Antivirus Suite is best for your needs.
- Internet access is slow for no apparent reason.
- The computer crashes for no apparent reason.
- The fan goes into overdrive when the device is idle.
- The computer takes a long time to shut down, or fails to shut down correctly.
- Pop-up windows and advertisements appear even when you aren’t using a
- web browser.
- Friends and family receive email messages you did not send.
- Computer programs are running slowly.
- Settings have changed, and there’s no way to reverse them.
- The browser shows components you didn’t download.
- Your web browser takes you to sites you did not intend to visit.
- Frequent Infection warnings, accompanied by an offer to fix them.
- For complete security use full Antivirus Suite. Keep it updated.
- Make sure to Always keep the operating system, Applications and Device Drivers updated.
- Do not allow USB drives of any kind from your friends or relatives to connect to your machine.
- Avoid Password Auto-Fill Service.
- Wherever possible use Two-Factor Authentication. (Password and Mobile OTP)
- Check your bank accounts and credit reports regularly
- Only purchase security software from a reputable company via their official website or in a retail store.
- You may receive mail from your friend or relative but irrelevant subject.
You may receive mail from an unknown sender with subject such as “YOU HAVE WON $100000” Be cautious about all such communications you receive.
- Do not click on any links listed in the email message
- Do not open any attachments contained in a suspicious email.
- Do not enter personal information on a pop-up screen.
- In the case of Scareware POP-UP, do not click anywhere in that window. Simply close the browser or kill the POP-Up window via Task Manager.